Taking lipitor and benicor due to high cholesterol and blood pressure. Family history of heart disease. Severe muscle cramps

I'm a nearly 51 year old male. I have a family history of heart disease and because of high cholesterol and blood pressure that developed by my mid 40's, my primary doctor, who's a heart specialist put me on Lipitor and Benicor. My twice a year blood tests have been excellent. However, in the last year, I've developed hip pain in my left hip. After examining an xray, my Dr. stated that I've developed the beginnings of arthritis so I've attributed the pain to that and am doing the best I can to stretch, eat well, exercise etc (for the past 5 or so years I inconsistently ran about 5 miles 2 time a week and I weigh about 160 and I'm 5'6"). What's becoming most troublesome to me in the last 4 - 6 months is severe and nearly constant muscle cramping in my thighs. I stopped taking the Lipitor for about 3 months to see if it alleviated the aching but it hasn't. What are your suggestions?

Thanks ahead of time, Steve
Asked On : Thu, 11 Apr 2013