Taking iron for anemia. Taking acid blocker. Could that be the reason for anemia?

In the past I have been treated for anemia (3 times within 7 years) by supplementing iron. The assumption was that is was due to heavy periods. The end of June I have a hysterectomy and discontinued my iron supplement but I continue to take a multi vitamin. I eat lots of spinach and broccoli as well as fish, poultry and red meats and several salads a week. I have been on a acid blocker for over 8 years. I went to give blood yesterday and was told I couldn't as my hemoglobin was only 11.6. Could my acid blocker be making me anemic? I am a 52 year old woman.
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013