Taking immuno suppressants for Crohn's disease. Can I use mirena coil?

I have crohns disease, having had two resections. I have been experiencing very bad periods for the last six months (constant period really) with heavy clotting and flooding. I was diagnosed with a "wonky" uterus and fibroids (with a small malignant cist on my ovary). Ihave had the Mirena coil fitted now for eight weeks. My periods are still a nightmare, heavy, clotting, painful. Is this right? I have tried to see my GP but both him and the Practice Nurse are on holiday. I now have an appointment for next week. My question is:
1. Is this normal with the coil.
2. Should I have had the coil fitted with my crohns. I take immuno suppresants (Purinethol, Mercaptopurine).
Many thanks
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013