Taking hydrocodone after hip replacements. Restless without medication. Addicted?

My husband has been taking Hydrocodone for about two years due to need for hip replacements. His last replacement was in Sept 2012. He is still needing this drug for pain. Tests have ruled out possible reasons for the pain. Without the med he is very restless and is in pain. He can t sleep for long and is moving around repeatedly and can t get comfortable. He is taking Aleve every few hours but it doesn t help. My question is could he be addicted? The doctor has tried before to cut his dosage to wean him but he always has this pain and gets the meds again. How can I determine if he has a problem? Thanks.
Asked On : Tue, 2 Apr 2013