Taking human Actrapid for diabetes. Tests suggested. Serious problem?

Hi, sir my father is a diabetic patient since 2 years, the starting stage he used to insuline human actrapid 40 for 2 months, & controlled the diabetic by using tablets Kglim m2 3times a day..& now since last 4 months he regular using human actrapid 40, & yesterday we consulted the cardiologist in jayadev hospital,Bangalore.. he told us to take some check up like ECG , Blood Urea , Serum Creatinine , HBA1C, Serum Electrolyte ...& Results are HBA1C=7.3, Blood urea=80 mg/dl, Serum Creatinine= 2.4 mgs/dl, serum Sodium= 134.6mEq/L, Serum Potassium= 5.36 mEq/L...& by seeing the check up reports he prescribed some tablets & told us to consult a Nephrourologist in victoria Hospital bangalore, we consulted him by seeing our checkup reports of the jayadev hospital bangalore, he told us to under go some other check up in his hospital, but the hospital lab has been closed on that day, & then he told us to not to do late for checkup, becoz we have go to our native city on that day night, he told us to take 10 to 15 days & do checkup as early not to do late...I am asking u doctor is there any major problem for my daddy who is under going this treatment...plz suggets which is the right option, & before going to checkup which are the foods to be taken maintain good health & which type of food to be avodied to take, plz help me out in this..Thanking u
Asked On : Tue, 30 Oct 2012