Taking hormone injections for prostate cancer. Concerned about statins causing cardiovascular and kidney problems

I am a male 77 years of age. I had a Gleason 8 prostate cancer in September 2009. I was refused surgery (Initialy due to my age but then on appeal due to the fact that it had slightly migrated along the vesical nerve), so had a strong hormone tablet in September then started Hormone injections in October. I then had 7 weeks radiation therapy starting in January 2010 and have also been on Hormone treatment since which is a 3 monthly injection in the arm. Leuprorelin acetate (ProstapĀ® SR, ProstapĀ® 3) In 2009 my PSA was 29. On having the one hormone Tablet my PSA dropped to almost nil immediately and has been the same since. I have some cardiovascular issues and had a TIA 18 months ago. I have a 49% left carotid blockage, which I was informed was not bad enough for surgery and the mortality rate was 4%. I also have CKD grade 2. I am now on a daily aspirin and Statins. The Statins I am sure give me quite regular Aching in my limbs and the Hormone treatment give me hot sweats about 4 or 5 times a day. My Question is:- Initially I expected to have Hormone injections for 3 years after which i would have some confirmation that the cancer had been eliminated. A PSA reading that remained low woul be some confirmation of that. There has been concern in some fields that Statins can contribute to Cardiovascular problems and also to Kidney problems. Should I consider asking for the Hormone Injections in be stopped in order to see whether my PSA remains almost nil or would that be a bad move?
Asked On : Sun, 2 Sep 2012