Taking high to medium doses of steroids, prednisone, rash across stomach, buttocks, upper thighs. Is there a cause for this?

I have been taking high to medium doses of steroids for hives over a four month period in conjunction with antihistamines. I am currently taking 15mg of prednisone per day and 100mg of atarax. I am trying to ween off the prednisone for the fifth or sixth time. Everytime I do I develop a rash mainly across my stomach, buttocks and upper thighs. Is there a cause for this? I have pretty much every side effect from the prednisone, eye problems, weight gain (30 pounds), buffalo hump, etc. Should I be tested for Cushings Syndrome? Will these side effects go away after treatment if I can ever stop the steroids?

Thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 16 Apr 2013