Taking flucloxacillin. Feeling hungry, sweating after waking up and shaking. Side effect?

Hi, I am taking a course of 500mg flucloxacillin for an infected mosquito bite on my shin which left me feverish. The fever is gone and the infection on my shin is clearing up. Four days into taking the flucloxacillin I woke up with a hunger at 4 am. I had 2 bowls of cornflakes and went back to sleep. 8 am I woke up sweating, shaking and my heart pounding. I drank a glass of pure orange juice and 2 bowels of cornflakes with fruit until I recovered. I stopped taking the penicillin, and I am wondering if this a side effect of the medicine.
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013