Taking femilon. Asked to lose weight. Will my period be regular? Will it prevent pregnancy?

Hello Doctor, I m Sharlene, age 27, married now for four months. My husband and myself dont want child so early at least not this year. My doctor has asked me to take femilon, since i often get period problem. She has even asked me to loose weight , she says this femilon will help me get my periods regular and will help in weight lose, and also not to get pregnant . But I m afraid in future it may give site effect. Please help me.
Asked On : Sun, 6 May 2012