Taking eltroxin for hypothyroidism. Weight gain. Medication increased. Why?

sir hello,i was detected with hypothyroid in july 2010..blood reports at that time indicated a TSH level of 150 & more but the t3 & t4 levels were low. my doc suggested the dose of 150mcg of eltroxin which i continued till october 2011 where my tsh had come down to doc reduced the dose to 100mcg.hoping that everything is fine i continued the same till march 20th 2013.i again got my blood tested for t3 t4 & tsh values since i was feeling a bit tired & my wieght increased by about 5 kgs in couple of months time.the reports indicates tsh of 11.78 with t3 & t4 values on doc has suggested to again increase the dose to 150 mcg. i am not convinced.your suggestion please
Asked On : Mon, 1 Apr 2013