Taking eltroxin 50mg. Increased TSH, weight gain. Medicine to increase metabolism?

hi, I am taking eltroxin from last 6 months .. initially started with 100mg and now reduced to 50... my recent blood reports show an increased TSH ... please let me know if i should increase or decrease the dosage ??? i have been putting on weight ... is there any other medicine that can be taken to increase the metabolism in the body ? Can the thyroid medicine really help in increasing the metabolim and there fore losing the weight which is gained post having thyroid problems? i am really upset with the weight gain of around 15 kg in just 2 months.... thanks.
Asked On : Wed, 17 Oct 2012