Taking doxycycline hyclate for bacterial infection. Missing periods. Medication side effect?

i started taking doxycycline hyclate for a bacteria infection on march 11, 2013 twice a day for 10 days. my menstrual cycle was due to come on between the 18 and 20 of march but it has not come on! I called my doctor and the pharmacist about the problem but they have told me that it was not a side effect. I get online and other people have went through the same thing, is this really an unknown side effect?
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013