Taking doxycycline for preventing an infection on the finger. Bruising and petechiae on the body. Drug reaction?

Good evening Doctor, I have been taking Doxycycline 100mg ,one capsule per day for 16 days to prevent infection in my finger . Also, to prevent nausea from the doxycycline, I also take one-half tablet of 25 mg promethazine . This morning I noticed unexplained bruising and petechiae on my right elbow and the left one was starting to form the same purple ,red spots. I am concerned that this is a reaction to the medications? There is no pain when touching the elbows. What should I do? Thank you in advance.
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013