Taking dilantin for epilepsy. EEG showing abnormal activity in the brain. Tingling in the head, chest tightness, numbness on fingers

I was diagnosed with epilepsy 5 months ago. I stay alert , and my legs and jaw and arms thrash. My chest and throat tightens , and my heartbeat is rapid. EEG showed abnormal activity on the left temporal brain. MRI was clear. I've had great results on dilantin-300mg. However, from keeping a journal, it's obvious my seizure activity is hormone related. I have mild activity every month that would be the week before my menstrual period. I have Mirena . But, 11 days ago , I had a seizure with th symptoms mentioned above, but not as long. The next day I spotted. Last night, I had a very strange feeling of tingling in my head, arms, and chest, throat tightness. Took 1/2 xanax , it went away, though I still felt "off". 1/2 hour ago I had the same feeling in my left arm, strange cool feeling in my chest/ throat, and a tight feeling in my face. I've been having numbness in my middle and ring Niger on both hands or a long time now. I sleep in hand braces. Is his tingling feeling anything to o with that, or is it epilepsy with different symptoms? Help, I am so scared and worried. By the way, I live on an island that has a nurse. I'm 30 min away from a dr by boat, and 1 hr away by plane from a hospital.
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013