Taking diane for PCOD. Had weight problem and facial hair. Side effects?

Hi, I ma consuming Diane 35 from past 5 years. I was detected with PCOD and my doctor suggested to take this. I used to visit her like every 3 months while on medicine and she said to continue it. I was having a weight problem associated with this so I reduced my weight and it is in control as of now. I also had facial hair problem due to this which I got relieved from after taking this medicine. I reduced weight and acne problems also vanished. But lately I have read lot of negative feedback about this medicine s consumption for long. After reading all of that I have become really worried. Kindly help! and suggest and alternative method so that I do not face any furthur side affects if I stop taking this medicine.
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013