Taking diane, delayed periods, active sexual life. Is pregnancy test necessary after delayed periods?

Hi I have been taking Diane 35 for the last month and a half now. My periods seem to have delayed. I followed the 21 day cycle and took the 7 day break after the pack was over. I started again and have not missed since except delaying it by either 1 0r 2 hours. My sex life has been very active with my boyfrd as i am living with him. I do not wish get pregnant. Please advise if i shd do a pregnancy test as i am a week late in my period
Asked On : Fri, 2 Nov 2012