Taking coversyl for high blood pressure. Have alcohol addiction and sleep disorder. Need help

I was taking strong beer for my sleep disorder .. Due to pain from Chronic servical herniation and lumbar problems. I randomly checked my blood pressure and it was 165s and 110 Dia... I was not sure so I went to the clinic and my family doctor confirmed it that it was indeed high as indicated. He has now put me on coversyl 8 mg. I stopped my strong beer and now I am awake all night and I have few hours of very distrubed sleep. I had a fixed consumption of 1.18 ltr of beer strength 10.8 percent or whatever the strngth is calculated Normally beer are just 5 percent. I have never exceed more than this qty.
Asked On : Sat, 1 Dec 2012