Taking concor and diovan. On ibuprofen and colchicine for gout pain. Normal BP. Stopped taking concor after weight loss. Is there a risk?

I am 68 years old, taking Concor 2.5/day with Diovan .,along with Ibuprofen and Colchicine to reduce gout pain attacks. MY BP stayed 140 /70, I stopped suddenly Concor and the medicines suddenly 50 days ago, during which I made a diet and lost 20 lb ,and feeling better.. Question: A friend told me I made a big health risk andI should have not stopped using Concor 2.5 suddenly without medical supervision.. What could have happened or do I still risk any drawback from sudden stoppage of concor??
Asked On : Mon, 10 Sep 2012