Taking citalopram. Weaning off Ativan. Which is a stronger medication? Is the anxiety the withdrawal symptom?

I am weaning off ativan slowly and taking 20 mg of citalopram which I increased from 10mg approx. 4 wks ago. Just courious if the anxiety I am experiencing is because the ativan withdrawl is stronger than the citalopram? I am taking 1.25mg but not accurately because I don t get the exact amount from a non-scored .5mg. I do have .05 from Watson Lab, but they are breaking apart so I am going back to the Pharm tomorrow to replace them.
Asked On : Thu, 20 Dec 2012