Taking champax, want to quit smoking. Have lower back pain. Linked to taking champax?

Dear Dr. Hebbar, I was wondering if you could tell me about a possible side effect that I may have experienced which took me to the hospital for a check-up. I have been taking champax for 4 weeks. My goal is to quit smoking . I am 36 years old, male, generally physically fit and what happened is that I awoke this morning with severe lower back pain . I felt immobilized because it hurt so much. The MD at the hospital really didn t have an answer for what I experienced and to tell the truth, I didn t mention champax because I stopped taking it about 2 weeks ago. Do you think that there could be a link to this drug even though I ve stopped taking it? I don t normally get anything greater than a little stiffness occasionally. Oh, the only medical complaint I have is sleep apnea and I have been using the CPAP system which has helped me a lot. And I have a very stressful managerial job and am lookin for another job. I think that s why I smoke . I appreciate your help. Aaron
Asked On : Fri, 12 Oct 2012