Taking brat diet since diarrhea, have increased sensitivity towards smell, strong smelling urine. Cause?

yes i had diarrhea sunday night and since have been eating ok starting with the brat diet , I have been feeling a bit weak esp in the evening. before this I have been smelling an oder around the house and elsewhere, I thought it was the pets ,carpet etc but it isnt really that kind of smell. this week its gotten stronger and I notice that when I breath faster out my mouth and in my nose the smell weakens and I can smell more normal. when I breath slowly it intensifies and I think its a bit like co2. My urine has a strong odor as well and is dark yellow(I need to drink more fluids) no blood . My wife says the urine smells plastic?? I am 55 and in good health so far. My name is Dan Thank You.
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013