Taking birth control pills to regulate starting, stopping of periods, stopped pills, menstruation for seven days. When will my cycle resume to normal?

On march 22 I went to see my doctor. I had been taking birth control pills until that day when he said if all I was taking them for was to regulate the starting and stoping of my period. I was and we decided that at my age, 47, that I should probably not take them any longer. I had just started the pack (was 3 days into it) when I threw them away. That Sunday, the 25th, I had another 7 day period. As of today s date I have not had another since. How long does it usually take before my cycle resumes?
Asked On : Mon, 28 May 2012