Taking birth control pills, menopause, no period in 2 months, cramping, night sweats

I have been taking continuous birth control ( junel ) for the past 3 years with no break at the suggestion of my mother s oncologist (she died of ovarian cancer ). I am 50 yrs old (130 lbs, 5 2 ) and have recently (2 months ago) decided to see if I am in menopause by stopping the pill during the off week (brown pills). I do not take the brown pills, but wait the week to begin a new package. I have not had a period in the two months, but do get some cramping. How long should I wait to see if I will have a period? I am hesitant to go off BCP completely as I do not wish to become pregnant, especially at this age. Even when I took the pill continuously, I had night sweats (maybe my room is too warm at nght), not so much since I am taking 3 weeks on, 1 week off.
Asked On : Sun, 20 May 2012