Taking birth control pills after an abortion. Cramping with brownish discharge. Pregnancy test positive. Due to hormones?

Two months ago I had an abortion due to health reasons, afterwards my doctor prescribe me some birth control call Tri-Cyclen. I had unprotected sex with my husband but since I've only been on the pill for a few days, I knew I'd need to go and get the plan b pill. My problem now is that I'm through with my first pack of birth control but my period is odd, I'm having cramping and brown discharge along with orange watery blood. I also took 3 pregnancy tests, two came back negative, the one that came back positive was one that I took a week prior to my period. (I'm wondering if it came back positive because of it being taken too soon or leftover hormones from the abortion?) I just need to know if cases such as these are heard of or if something is very wrong.
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013