Taking birth control pill. Have abnormal bleeding, constant cold, mood swings. Want insight

Hi Doctor, I m having a few issues with my health at the moment and I can t tell if it s extreme coincidence they re all happening at the same time or whether something more serious is happening. My first issue (and what I think is the most important) is that I ve been taking the pill for almost a year and a half now and I m getting some abnormal bleeding . I missed a couple (not in a row) over Christmas and I got my period early and it s still here nearly two weeks later. I skipped the sugar pills and just continued active pills as the pack and doctors suggest. It s mostly concerning as I m getting an IUD inserted in a weeks time, so I want to know if I have to cancel my appointment. My second issue is that I ve had a cold for near two months. This is not that abnormal for myself, I work in an environment where I often have colds all year round, but this one is getting on my nerves. I ve been healthy recently and have started exercising and eating better and thought I was getting better (I went without a cold for a while, which was strange to me) but now it s back and I just can t kick it. My final issue is my mood. I m aware PMS etc can change your mood, but this is serious mood swings unlike I ve ever had. I have lost all my motivation for my studies and don t want to be anywhere near people at all. I am overtired (which could be the cold) and thoughts are keeping me up most of the night, making me extremely fatigued. I m hoping you can give me some insight as to what is going on, and hopefully some tips to make myself better. I m normally a very cheery, energetic person.
Asked On : Tue, 8 Jan 2013