Taking birth control. Missed one pill, bleeding, brown discharge. Causes for symptoms?

I have been taking birthcontrol for about 6 months now. I have missed the Sunday pill of the second week in the pack. The Monday following I started bleeding like I was on my period. I had my period about two weeks before so it didn t seem right. It is now a week from Monday and I still have some brown discharge coming out. I don t know what it is exactly so I need some information on hat I could possibly be.
Asked On : Fri, 23 Nov 2012
HELLO THERE.

THANKS FOR WRITING.

BLEEDING AND BROWN DISCHARGE YOU HAD WAS BECAUSE YOU MISSED YOUR PILL.

INTAKE OF PILLS REGULARLY MAINTAIN A FIXED HORMONE LEVEL IN THE BODY. IN THE EVENT YOU MISS OR DELAY A PILL THE THIS FIXED LEVEL IS DISTURBED AND MAY FALL LEADING TO SPOTTING, BREAKTHROUGH BLEEDING.

SO INORDER TO AVOID THESE SIDE EFFECTS OF THE PILL YOU HAVE TO TAKE THE PILLS REGULARLY AT A FIXED TIME.

MISSING ONE PILL DOES NOT AFFECT CONTRACEPTION POWER OF THE PILL. HOWEVER IF YOU FURTHER MISS OR DELAY THE PILLS, IT MIGHT RESULT IN CONTRACEPTIVE FAILURE.

TAKE CARE.