Taking ativan for anxiety attacks. Is it normal to take clonazepam 5 mg and escitalopram 10 mg at same time?

Is someone here. Today I went to my doctor and was given a prescription for clonazepam 5mg twice a day to take to the pharmacy. Once there, my doctor ad called in a prescription for escitalopram 10 mg once a day also. I didn t get either and the office was closed. Is this common to take two of these perscriptions at the same time. Especially since one last weekend I was also given the generic to Ativan to use in case if anxiety attack.
Asked On : Mon, 11 Jun 2012