Taking actonel, fosamax, had hip replacement, bones getting worse. Did these meds contribute to the early bone loss?

Hi Dr. Grief, I was taking actonel and fosamax for more than 5 years and recently had hip replacement , and will need another one for my left hip, for some reason I started checking on my meds and notice that after years of taking actonel and fosamax, I notice that it didn t help my bone but instead git worse, do you think these meds contributed to the early bone loss? I take either actonel or fosamax which ever is available at the doctor s office.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013