Taking Xet CR plus 25 mg, changed to Xet 10 mg, stopped, old symptoms returned, now taking Xet CR plus 12.5mg. Do I need this medication life-long?

Sir, before two years i started take a cap. of Xet CR Plus 25mg. agter 3 month doctor change his power and prescribed Xet.10 mg . after about 2years i stopped this treatment. but my old symptoms of this diseas repeat again . now i take a cap. of xet cr plus 12.5 mg . so please told me what medicine of these regulary whole life.
Asked On : Thu, 12 Jul 2012
As you have told you are taking a SSRI , and most prbbly it was prescribed by a Psychiatrist , if not then please consult one . Most prrbly you are suffering from Depression that's why you are taking it . if a psychiatrist has prescribed this drug then be patient , it will take time to have effect . Dont discontinue it on your own . Be in constant touch with the Doc you are seeing . Involve yourself in some exercises , outings etc.