Taking Vyvanse for tiredness, low levels on blood test. Due to medication?

I have always been a tired person my whole life even when I get enough sleep and exercise regularly. About 9 months ago I was prescribed Vyvanse because of my difficulty concentrating and ability to perform and remember information throughout the day. My doctor had to increase my dosage to 70 mg a day because with anything less I was getting very tired by 1pm when I would originally take the med. at 7 am. This dosage seems to work ok, but I still get tired and now seem very irritable. I definitely have more energy during the day because of the medicine. Before the medication I would fall asleep through out the day. I would fall asleep at work and would frequently take naps in my car during lunch. When in high school I would fall asleep like clock work during the first three classes every day. I would fight my self not to, but could not help it. The Vyvanse prevents this, but it does not seem like a great solution. I would rather treat the root of the problem than try to mask the symptoms with medication. I sleep throughout the night and do not have trouble falling asleep, but have a lot of trouble waking up. My older sister was recently diagnosed with hypothyroidism when she was pregnant and I also found out my grandfather had thyroid problems. I had blood work done about two weeks ago to check this and it came back a little on the low side, but not that much. I am getting retested in two weeks to verify the results. I feel like this could be a cause of my issues. Can Vyvanse alter the results of the thyroid test? I do not want this medicine to affect the results of a test that could identify what seems like could be the root cause of my issues. Any thoughts?
Asked On : Fri, 5 Oct 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  155 Awaiting Answer