Taking Synthroid for high TSH. Late period, brown discharge. Could thyroid be affecting my cycle?

I am 37 years old. I have hypothyroid and recently increased Synthroid from 37 mcg to 50 mcg, as my TSH was still high. There is no chance I could be pregnant, my husband had vasectomy last year. Here is my question: my period is late and I have light brown stringy discharge that is very faint, only noticeable when I wipe. I have never before had irregular periods, this is highly unusual for me. Could thyroid be affecting my cycle? I have normal PMS symptoms, but no period. I should also mention that my GYN noticed a small cyst on my cervix last year but said to watch it . Thanks.
Asked On : Thu, 3 Jan 2013