Taking Soflax after colonoscopy. Any harm due to long term usage?

5 years ago I had a colonoscopy and it was recommended that I use soflax. I have been using 4 per day for the last 5 years. I m just wondering if this is doing any harm. I tried a couple of times to stop taking it and as a result I did not have a bowel movement for 7 days. I eat a lot of vegetables and fruits, exercise couple times per week and I drink 6 glasses of water per day. Do you have any suggestions? I would appreciate any info that you can offer me. Thanks Anne
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013