Taking Salipax and Lamictal during pregnancy. Effect on fetus?

Dear doctors My wife has been using salipax 20 and lamictal 50 (lamotrigine 50 mg) for a couple of months now, today she had a pregnancy test and it turned out to be positive, her mom had the same experience when she was around her forties and the baby turned out to be a mogul and never lived his first year, I don t know if her mom was taking the same medication or weather the medication was the reason for her cas, We are worried from several issues: 1- the physical concerns: A- this would be her 5th cesearian pregnancy B- the physical health of the baby due to the drugs she s been taking( the ones I described above) 2- and the sycological side for the mom. We just got the results and we are very worried. Kind regards
Asked On : Thu, 29 Nov 2012