Taking Risperidone for Bipolar disorder. Paranoia and depression getting worse. Could I use a supplement?

I am currently taking Risperidone for Bi Polar disorder, I have been for about 2 and a half months now, prior to that I was on seroquel , which I did not like the side effects from, so was taken off it, the Risperidone has aided in my sleeping, and I have found that I am sleeping alot better, however my paranoia and depression seem to be getting worse, and was wondering whether a supplement like 5HTP or St Johns Wort may be of some use?
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013