Taking Remeron for depression. Irritable, low energy, sleeping more, weight gain, loss of sex drive. Suggestions?

Hi. My boyfriend suffers from depression and his doctor recommended remeron. He's been taking it for almost two months and I have seen increasing signs of him slipping. He's very irritable, impatient, avoiding certain topics and situations, loss of energy and interest in things he used to love. He sleeps alot and has gained over twenty pounds in two months. He has also lost his sex drive and it's become very frustrating. Do you have any advice?
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013