Taking Pepsid for gastritis. Have abdominal pain, difficulty standing for long. Should I stop Pepsid?

Hi, so a while back I ve been diagnosed with gastritis and I ve been taking pepsid to reduce the stomach pain and naseua but lately the pain has become extreme and my back and abdomine hurt really bad. Right now it s hard for me to stand for long without the pain getting worse. It hurts to do anything. I thought eating might help but it just added to the pain and I thought maybe throwing up would help but it just made it worse. Should I stop taking the pepsid? Is this an ulcer?
Asked On : Thu, 4 Apr 2013