Taking Oxycontin, disabled. Scar tissue formation. Should I take Fentanyl patches or pain pump?

hi my name is jerry, my question is i am diasabled & have been since 1997, at which time i was prescibed oxycontin@20mg. twice daily & as with these meds every few yrs. dosage increase have been taking 60mg. @3 times daily & for the last month my pain is totaly out of control i get my pain meds through a pain clinic & do not have a Rx for breakthrough my calls for 18days to get in to see my dr left me to either lay stand curl cry anything to try to help relieve the constant pain level so i did the next thing take the 4th & 5th oxy if needed to get some sort of
relief of pain, finnally got in to my dr today he was not upset with me but as myself why i was not let to see him sooner. having another mri which i find useless as the last 1 6yrs. ago was told i have to much scar tissue.unless some new reason behind my sudden onset of pain level is wanting to put me on fentanyl patches & this my question the other choice that he is always telling me to consider is a pain pump which i am not wanting to do unless more convincing is there. please help & advise i go back next week. in the mean time has given me hydrocodoine (joke)as a tylenol does me as much good. thankyou
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013