Taking Norethisterone to get periods. Later pregnancy confirmed. Will the tablets affect the baby?

Hello, my sister took norethisterone tablets ( 4 in 2 days) since she she wasnt getting her period (she was about 2 to 3 days late by then). She took these tablets after the doctor confirmed that she wasnt pregnant. The doctor suggested her to take 10 tabs for 5 days. She took only 4 for 2 days and stopped the medication . Even after one week she hadnt gotten her period, after which she went to the doctor again and it was confirmed that she is 6 weeks pregnant. I don t know what to advise her. She is afraid her baby may suffer health/ genetic complications and wants to abort. I dont know what to do. Please help.
Asked On : Mon, 11 Feb 2013