Taking Norethisterone for IVF cycle. Will medication prevent implantation?

Hi I am about to start an IVF cycle (low male fertility and both of us age 42) and have been given norethisterone to start from day 18 to manage the start date of my period. However as we are also trying to conceive naturally and you are not supposed to take norethisterone whilst pregnant I am concerned that if I have got pregnant naturally during this cycle that I could risk loosing a possible implantation this cycle. Will norethisterone prevent or cause issues with implantation this cycle and can I delay starting to take it for a few more days to be able to take a pregnancy test? I may be being unnecessarily sesnsitive but something feels different this month. Thanks Angela
Asked On : Thu, 18 Oct 2012