Taking Nexium and prenatal vitamins. Have stomach acid. How to manage stomach problem?

Hi, I m currently on a prescription for Nexium which up until about a week ago and half ago, I was really good about taking every night before bed. Then I started on prenatal vitamins . A nurse suggested taking the vitamin before bed if they made me nauseous in the morning. When I got home I read through all the prescription info for the vitamin which said to take an hour or two apart from taking any meds for stomach acid problems. I tried to switch the timing up so that I d take the vitamin before bed and the Nexium in the morning. I got off track from taking the Nexium because when I get up I feel nauseous and so I nibble on crackers or a little cereal until I feel up to actually eating. I do eat meals, but also find myself nibbling on stuff all day because of nausea , so never find a good window to make up for the missed dose. Problem is, without the nexium I m REALLY starting to notice the stomach acid again. If I don t eat I feel nauseous, but if I do eat I feel like my stomach is on fire. I was also recently diagnosed as lactose intolerant, so I don t just eat some cottage cheese or drink a glass of milk like I did in previous years when acid bothered me. I ve been stressed the past several months trying to balance out my diet between the lactose intolerance , the over active stomach acid, allergies (they still haven t determined what those are) and then just last week found out for sure that I m pregnant, so I m sure the stress is adding to it all. I ve tried contacting my primary doc but have yet to hear back, and my OB appointment won t be for about a week yet. What is the best way to manage the stomach problem for now? Should I just forget about the nexium for now and just go with an over-the-counter antacid when I eat? I know sticking to the nexium would be best (as it worked great), but like I said, I have a hard time timing the best time to take it. But I also can t stand feeling sick if I don t eat or feeling like my stomach is eating me from the inside out anytime I do eat. Thank you in advance for any advice you may have for my situation.
Asked On : Sat, 2 Mar 2013