Taking Nebicard for hypertension. Advised to take Telma with a lighter dosage. Can I stop medication?

MY BP is under control and is 122/82. Taking Nebicard 2.5 mg regularly. Now doctor advised to switch to Telma 20 saying that it is a lighter dose than Nebicard. Please advise. Also if I discontinue the BP medicine altogether .. I have a disciplied lifestyle but the cholestrol is 223 and Triglyceride is 189. Age 53. Fasting sugar 130.
Asked On : Wed, 22 Aug 2012
Cardiologist 's  Response
take a combination met xl - o 20mg once daily it contains both drugs with additive advantage.