Taking Multaq for a-fib. Have fluttering. Can I take Benadryl for allergy?

Hi, I was recently diagnosed with a-fib. I take 400 mg of Multaq twice daily. This was increased about a week ago from 200mg twice daily. Since then I've noticed the fluttering has returned. I am expecting a call back tomorrow from my cardiologist, but in the mean time want to take some benadryl to remedy some allergies before it goes into a respiratory infection; which often happens if I can't catch it and rid the preliminary symptoms with the benadryl. My question is, would you recommend I take the 50 mg benadryl or stay clear?
Thank you
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013