Taking Montek LC regularly. Smoking addiction. Is it safe to use the medication long term?

I am using Montek LC Tablet on regular basis, mainly 1 tablet at night, since March'2009. Till now I am continuing the same, because, if I stop taking it for a couple of days, then some irritation starts from the third day onward. Or else everything is fine. I am a regular smoker too, but drink alcohol very solemn and that also of a very little volume.
Now, I want to know, what are the side effects of taking this montek lc tablet on regular basis for such a long period?
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013