Taking Minocycline for acne, wanted to go for Tanning bed. Can I stop taking this medicine for few days?

Hi! So I am going on a trip to mexico in 3 weeks and my parents are wanting me to go in a tanning bed to make sure I dont get burned even know I do not get burned easily, since its my first time out of the country. I am on minocycline right now to make sure i do not get any acne or such if i stop taking it a few days or a week before I go in the sun bed for a small amount of time its likely i wont burn correct? Because I had a check up and she said that it will be okay I just want your opinion.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013