Taking Microgynon, pimple near eye, redness, not painful, no vision disruption. What could be causing this?

Hello Doctor, I am a 37 year old female of normal weight for my height. I currently take microgynon 30. Each month at my period break week I experience a pimple around my eye. Sometimes it is in the corner of my outer eye, sometimes it is in the middle of the crease of my eyelid . They do not appear to be a stye as they are not located near base of eyelashes.They usually last around 1 or 2 days and do not cause any vision disruption. I am aware of the pimple which is pinhead size with some surrounding redness, but it is not painful. I am very careful with eye hygiene . What could be causing this to occur? Thank you
Asked On : Wed, 6 Jun 2012
Hello, I am happy to help you today.

It is not uncommon to have cycle related acne. This sounds like it might be the case given your association with where you are in your "cycle" or pill pack. This sounds like it is of little concern. If you are bothered by it, one thought is to skip the "week off" when you get your period and start the next pill pack early. This is completely safe to do and might help to prevent this from occurring related to shift in hormone levels.

I hope this helps, good luck!!