Taking Metoprolol. Accidently took cold medicine, BP high. EKG normal, took medication. Lorezepam to calm down

I taking Metoprolol for a year now and was doing great. I take 1 pill before bed. A week ago I went to the hospital on a Friday with a bad headache & my pressure was high, all tests came back & with medication all went back to normal and I was so happy. I put everything out of my mind and rested that weekend. I return to work on Monday and at night before bed I accidentaly took a cold medicine at night and quickly my pressurre went up. I went to to hospital -they did an EKG-it came back ok and gave me medication to bring my pressure down because I was scared. I visit my regular Dr. and he put me on Lorazepam to calm me down for a fee days to sed if my tow trips to the hospitial got me all nervous or if I actually have blood pressure . I already set an appt. with my cardiologiest to if he needs to increase the metoprolol from 2 a day from 1. I walk an hour every day withou any dificulty, I do feel anxious/nervous everytime I check my presurre. I had been using metrprolol for over a year with/out any problems until I had these two hospital vistist and I got all neverous and can t keep my pressure down to 120/80 as before its 145/85 off/on.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Jun 2012