Taking Methotrexate and Effexor for rheumatoid arthritis. How to manage anxiety?

I have a 62 year old sister who has rheumatoid arthritis and has been on methotrexate for some time. She is also on effexor. Her dose is currently 250mg daily of effexor. She saw a geriatrics team and the recommendation was that she see a psychiatrist who would ensure that her anxiety , which had become obsessive, was being managed properly. Her family doctor has told me that it is all well and good for the geriatrics specialist to talk about that, but that he (her family doctor) had already tried to regulate her meds. What steps can I take to ensure that her family doctor follows through on the recommendations of the geriatric specialist?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Mar 2013