Taking Methadone for back pain. Have nausea, vomiting, thinning hair. Alternative medicine?

I have been taking methadone for my severe back pain for about1an1/2 yrs now and am still complaining of nausea an vomiting .I am now noticing my hair has gotten vary thin where its always been way too thick.I tell my doctor this but he just keeps telling me to take phenagren.Can u please tell me a few alternative medications I can ask him to trythat equals to 4 -10mil. tablets a day as needed. this amount will control the pain to a level 4 out of 10 if I can keep it down. 57 yrs old,120 lbs an NEVER had or has a dependacy problem except cigerattes.thanks ,Elsie Fulchercan t change doctors,too hardtoo find pain KY.
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013