Taking Metformin, vomiting. High ESR value. Am diabetic. Is my ESR suggestive of low grade lactic acidosis?

Hi, I have diabetes (T2). recently my BGLs became very high and unstable (been diabetic for 10 years) and was on meds only. Because of high BGL I was put on Insulin but had severe allergic reaction (three times on three different insulins). I have now been tested by Allergy specialists in Australia for severe allergy to insulin and then meta cresol, which is the preservative or excipient in all insulins including human insulins. The issue now is where to find insulin that has no preservative, which is turning out to be very difficult. My specialist told me that he been treating diabetics for over 30 years and I am the first he has ever had or heard of with this very rare allergy. I now have to carry an Epipen. In a final attempt to bring my BGL down I ve been taking 2 gms of Metformin (at night).and 60mg twice a day of gliclazide - however I started violently vomiting for no reason. I asked my GP to test me lactic acidosis as I understand tis can be a serious side effect of Metformin. Got ESR result today and it is 32 (GP said it should be 20) but not to worry as it was not too high - but I am worried as Netformin has lowered by BGL and us the only effective diabetic drug I can take. Could you let me know if my ESR is suggestive of a low. Pgrade lactic acidosis or nit? Thank you from Angela
Asked On : Sat, 4 Aug 2012