Taking Metformin for weight gain. Will taking too much Metformin hurt me?

hi! Im a 22 year old female and a year ago I went to the gynecologist because of my weight gain . I was 246 pounds and she prescribed metormin, starting with 500 mg. I have lost 24 pounds , not only by taking metformin but by doing some exercise and watching what i eat. I am worried because I have found that if i take more metformin when i overeat, it helps me to purge! so i dont gain weight. but now I am binging and take a LOT of metformin ( 5000 mg maximum). Is this going to hurt me really bad?
Asked On : Fri, 9 Nov 2012